Civil Records Processing

The Civil Department of the Sheriff's Office is responsible for the execution of process and service of papers. The Civil Department is accountable for serving and enforcing court orders and a variety of documents from the Courts. Among those documents are small claims, evictions (FED), summons and complaints, subpoenas, juvenile court subpoena, show cause orders and child support documents from the state. These are just a few examples of the documents that come to the Sheriff's Office to be served.

We do not serve sealed or closed envelopes or letters.

For Legal Advice, Contact an Attorney

By law, The Civil Unit is not permitted to give legal advice. Please consult an attorney for any legal guidance. You may also with to contact the Oregon State Bar at (503) 620-0222.

The Sheriff's Office Support Division is open:

Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Sunday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Closed from 12:00 pm until 12:30 pm for the lunch period)

(The office is closed on major holidays.)

Phone: (503) 366-4611

Fax: (503) 366-4644

Civil Process Fees


Type of Document to be Served

Fees (ORS 21.300)



Notice Process

(Summons and complaint with or without attachments, small claims notices, eviction summons and complaint, notice of restitution, citation, subpoena, orders, etc.)

For more than two parties at an address, the fee will be $28.00 per person.





1-2 parties

Same Address


3 Parties

Same Address $28 ea.


4 parties

Same Address

$28 ea.



5 parties

Same Address

$28 ea.


Writs of Garnishment (* A bank may require an additional processing fee. A check made out to the bank would be required. Please check with the banking institution.)


$25.00 plus bank fee



Writ of Execution in Judgement of Restitution

Please note that “et al” or “All Other Occupants” is a party to be served and counts towards the total fee)


$89.00 plus fees outlined under “Notice Process” above

Enforcement Actions

(Property seizure, writ, or order of assistance, or writ of execution)





Conveyance of Real Property

(Sheriff’s deed, certificate of redemption, or other conveyance of real property)



Protective Order, Order of Assistance

(Restraining Orders, Stalking Orders, Child Recovery)


No Charge


We accept Credit / Debit Cards($2.00 Fee charged by card company), Money Orders, checks and Cash. Money Orders and checks should be made out to Columbia County Sheriff or CCSO.

General Information
Phone Numbers
Fax: 503.366-4644
Emergencies: Dial 911
901 Port Avenue
Saint Helens,